There are such circumstances in our lives which entirely grab our attention. I am talking about weddings, graduations, birthdays and similar big events in our lives. Each of them is usually celebrated in a special way, suitable for the situation. Often these parties include many well dressed guests, lots of smiles and of course catering. The organisers try to satisfy their guests and to make them feel comfortable. This means that there have to be different meals from which to choose and plenty of expensive alcohol. Unfortunately this is the perfect recipe not only for great party but also “great” stains.
So here is what you have to do when you get an alcohol stain on your carpet.
- Before starting with the carpet cleaning, make sure that you know the exact ingredients of the drink that was spilled.
- Then, mix a cleaning solution of your own. You will need 2 cups of water and a tablespoon of dishwashing liquid.
Tip: Use cool water for the mixture.
- Use this detergent to sponge the spot from your carpet with a clean cloth.
- Blot as much of the solution as possible.
- Repeat the last step while you make sure that the stain is gone.
- The final step is to take a cloth and plain cold water and sponge well the area until even the last drop of the detergent is removed.
However you can replace the detergent with other prepared from half cup of rubbing alcohol and a spoon of vinegar.
If these cleaning methods seem to you very hard you can always hire a carpet cleaning London company. They are real professionals and guarantee the best results.