Carpets usually should be vacuumed once a week or more in areas of heavy traffic. Frequent vacuuming prolongs the life of your carpet, but you should know that vacuuming is just not quite enough. There are some more tips how to keep your carpet clean and fresh.
Odours are one thing but spots and spills are quite another. Spots and spills happen almost every day to every carpet and can be hard to remove. First and very important rule is to clean the spot immediately. If you do that you have quite a chance in removing it. Here are some other tips you should know about carpet cleaning:
- First try to remove as much of the spot as you can by blotting it and then use any cleaning products.
- After deciding what cleaning solution you will use, remember always to try it first on an invisible area of the carpet, so that it doesn’t damage the fibre or discolour it.
- If you think that there still is too much moisture after blotting the carpet, then place some white towels over the spill and put some heavy object over them.
- Carpet cleaning London services recommend never to rub the spill because this might spread the problem to an larger area.
- Remember to blot up all the moisture after applying any cleaning solution.
- Never use an iron or a hair dryer to dry a carpet stain, this will only seal the stain permanently on your rug.
If you want to prolong the life of your carpet and save some money from expensive cleaning products all you have to do is take regular care of your carpet and it will decorate your house for many years.