Leather is an expensive product so if you decide to clean it yourself, you must know the basic rules of doing it so you don’t damage the material. If you do it right you won’t have any trouble with it.
It is quite risky cleaning leather because the process might change its appearance or damage its colours. Cleaners in London advise always to check the product on an invisible small part of the leather.
Here is a very safe and gentle leather cleaner, which you can make, for your car or you furniture.
- Step one: pour 3 cups of water into a large bowl with 1 cup white vinegar and 1 cup rubbing alcohol. Stir it well.
- Step two: You need to first vacuum the leather for any dust on it. Then apply the cleaner with a very soft cloth.
- Step three: wipe down the entire surface very gently, you don’t want to harm it.
- Step four: use a new piece of cloth to buff it and your leather will shine as new.
- Step five: after you have finished you can pour the rest of the liquid in jars, label them and keep it safe for the next time.
London cleaners advise to do this procedure one or twice a month so that you don’t leave your leather to get worn out.
Leather material is very gentle so if you don’t treat it well it will be ruined, but if you do it will serve you well a very long time. Proper cleaning, storage and conditioning will keep leather looking as good as new no matter how old it is.